NASA needs your help for mini moon payload designs.
You have got a chance to prove yourself to unleash the scientist in you! You just need to design a better payload for a lunar rover with the size of a bar soap!
Yes! You heard it right! On Thursday NASA issued ideas for a miniaturized payload to send the miniaturized rovers to the lunar surface. The program called the “Honey, I Shrunk the NASA payload challenge” through a platform called HeroX.
According to the details, the challenge is to design a payload for a lunar rover with a size of a bar soap. Also, there are more challenges that awaits with testing prototyping and creation. For the first round that is the design round, a reward of total $160,000 prize money is announced. Also, note the point that it will accept all submissions till June 1st.
NASA needs your help for mini moon payload designs
Advantages of small size rover
- Small size rovers are not so complicated.
- Small size rovers have lower probability of damage.
- It can be built at cheaper rates.
- Small size rovers can be used as a starter prior to a mission as a method of testing.
- Small size rovers will cut high energy consumption.
- As a rover is primarily used for probing, then small size rover has the capacity to do so.
These rovers will help in collecting information about the lunar surface, also it’s environment. These information will be quite useful for future lunar missions. In 2022, NASA is planning for an Artemis program.
So, what are your thoughts regarding the payload? Will you take part in the challenge? I want my readers to be the champion! So go for it!
Also don’t forget to comment your views!