NAVIC : THE GPS OF INDIA is here
- Officially known as Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS).
- The mobile brand Xiaomi claimed that in the new Redmi note 9 series, it will use the NAVIC GPS.
- Qualcomm revealed the snapdragon 720G, snapdragon 662 and snapdragon 460 chips will support the NAVIC.
GPS abbreviation is Global Positioning System, used mainly for tracking and navigation. Indians used mainly GPS signals from the following countries. Now proudly Indians can use their own GPS.
Till date only 5 countries have their own GPS.
Countries with own GPS :
- U S A – Navigational star or Navigational System Tracking And Range (NAVSTAR)
- Russia – GLONASS – with 24 working satellites
- European Union – Galileo
- Japan – QZSS
- China – Bei Dou Navigation Satellite System (BDS)
Above all, India is making history with the new GPS the NAVIC.
What is NAVIC?
Officially known as Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS).
To clarify, it can provide navigation and positioning services accurately in India. Also upto 1500 kms across the borders. Therefore , neighbouring countries can use this service.
NAVIC satellites use dual frequency bands. As a result, more accurate than GPS which uses single band and makes errors mainly signal problems.
Totally consists of 9 satellites of which
7 satellites are combination of geosynchronous and geostationary orbit.
2 satellites are ground satellites.
Indian GPS officially called IRNSS or navigation with Indian constellation
Can we use NAVIC GPS?
The NAVIC will provide two sevices :
For civilians : standard positioning service
For military : restricted service mostly encrypted one.
Now for civilians the next Android devices can use the NAVIC GPS.
The mobile brand Xiaomi claimed that in the new Redmi note 9 series, it will use the NAVIC GPS.
Also Qualcomm revealed the snapdragon 720G, snapdragon 662 and snapdragon 460 chips will support the NAVIC.
NAVIC vs GPS which will win? click here https://trendingontop.com/2020/03/01/gps-vs-navic-is-navic-better-than-gps/