NASA finds Earth size planet likely – support life
Imagine, how vast the space is, there are more planets to discover. The common questions that we ask ourselves is that “are we alone?” These are the questions that leave us perplexed.
In the way to prove this query, the United States national space agency NASA found an exoplanet with the size of Earth. With the features of a planet which can host life it gives us hope as a “second Earth”. According to the reports by NASA, the possible planet called “Kepler-1649c” was discovered by going through the old observations of the Kepler telescope data. NASA finds Earth size planet likely – support life .
- The exoplanet is located 300 light years from Earth.
- In contrast, the planet is 1.06 times larger than Earth.
- Also, the temperature is same as that of Earth.
- The planet receives 75% of light which is very likely suitable to host a life.
- It was discovered by going through the data of old Kepler telescope by NASA.
- The position of the planet is in a habitable zone that is neither too far or nearer to the star.
- But the planet revolves a red dwarf star which is unlikely to support the life.
The data from this exoplanet shows the potential of the planet. According to the NASA, these reports shows the extra potential of the planet to host life than the previously discovered one.
Previously, scientists discovered another planet through Hubble space telescope. It had the potential to have water in a liquid state. Reports like these gives scientists new hope in search of life on another planet.
But the studies are not over, there are lot to discover for them also to study about the Kepler 1649c surface also the environment.
So folks, what are your thoughts regarding this? Comment and let me know!
Also read about: